Mission of HAPS
The mission of the Human Anatomy and Physiology Society (HAPS) is to promote excellence in the teaching of anatomy and physiology.
This mission is addressed by:
- Promoting and supporting the development of instructional and assessment resources for anatomy and physiology educators.
- Promoting continuing education in anatomy and physiology for HAPS members.
- Promoting and facilitating camaraderie, communication and collaboration among human anatomy and physiology educators as well as those in related disciplines.
- Providing publication and/or communication opportunities for educational research, instructional tools and recent developments that are related to anatomy and physiology education.
- Promoting and organizing professional development programs related to the teaching of human anatomy and physiology.
- Fostering relationships with organizations and individuals that have shared interests.
Overarching Goal for HAPS 2019-2024 Strategic Plan
Remain the premiere organization for supporting instruction, assessment, and professional development in anatomy and physiology education.