The deadline to apply for this award is January 3, 2020.
To encourage HAPS members who have attended only one previous HAPS Annual Conference to attend this year’s annual conference as a Second Timer, to make a presentation at the conference, and to network with other HAPS members.
1. Applicants must be HAPS members in good standing at the time of application.
2. Applicants must be teaching an Anatomy & Physiology course in the current academic year. Teaching may be either full-time or contingent college/university positions or a full-time high school position. At least part of the teaching load must be face-to-face, as opposed to totally online
3. Applicants must have attended only one HAPS Annual Conference prior to applying for this award, so as to be a Second Timer when attending the Annual Conference next May.
4. Award winners must attend the HAPS Annual Conference to receive the award at the HAPS General Membership Meeting. Conference dates can be found on the HAPS website.
5. Award winners must present either a poster or wokshop at the HAPS Annual Conference. The deadline for submitting a poster/workshop proposal can be found on the HAPS website.
6. Applicants must submit an online application, using the link above. No late applications will be accepted.
7. Applicants must submit a CV or resume as part of the application.
8. Both the application responses and the letter of recommendation should document how attending a HAPS Annual Conference will benefit the applicant’s teaching and professional development.
9. A letter of recommendation from an appropriate administrator, colleague, or mentor must also be submitted by the deadline.
- For additional information regarding who may write a recommendation and what should be included in that letter refer to Guidelines for Letters of Recommendation.
- The person writing the recommendation should send the letter directly to email@example.com with “John Martin Second Timer Award” in the subject line.
Cash award of $500 to help fund attendance at HAPS Annual Conference.