The HAPS 31st Annual Conference was held in Salt Lake City, Utah on May 24 - 28, 2017.
Mark Nielsen was the 2017 Annual Conference Coordinators.
Check out the 2017 Annual Conference Program
Seminars, Posters, and Exhibits were held at the Salt Palace Convention Center. Update Seminars included:
- "Built To Run: How Endurance Running Has Shaped Human Form, Function, and Evolution" - Dennis Bramble
- "A View into the Uniqueness of Human Development and Evolution: The Story of Our Larynx" - Jeffrey Laitman
- "Evolution and Development of Facial Muscles and Expressions: Constraints, Atavisms, Birth Defects, Anatomical Networks, Links with the Heart, and Hard-Soft Tissue Relationships" - Rui Diogo
- "Epigenetics of Evolving Neonatal Chronic Lung Disease" - Kurt Albertine
- "The Anatomical Basis of Aggression in Hominins: Did Human Nature Always have a Dark Side?" - David Carrier
- "Gene Targeting into the 21st Century: Mouse Models of Human Disease from Cancer to Neuropsychiatric Disorders" - Mario Capecchi
- "How does Physical Activity Exert Beneficial Effects on Atherosclerosis and Coronary Artery Disease?" - Harold Laughlin
Workshops were held at the University of Utah.