The deadline to apply for this award is January 3, 2020.
To encourage full-time undergraduates, graduate students, and postdocs to attend and make a presentation at the HAPS Annual Conference in May.
1. Student or postdoctoral applicants must be HAPS members in good standing at the time of application.
2. Award winners must attend the HAPS Annual Conference and participate in the entire conference. Conference dates can be found on the HAPS website.
3. Award winners must present either a poster or a workshop as a first author at the HAPS Annual Conference. The deadline for submitting your poster/workshop proposal can be found on the HAPS website.
4. Applicants must submit an online application, using the link above. No late applications are accepted.
5. A letter of recommendation from an undergraduate or graduate advisor, faculty mentor, or employer must also be submitted by the deadline.
For additional information regarding who may write a recommendation and what should be included in that letter refer to Guidelines for Letters of Recommendation.
The person writing the recommendation should send it directly to email@example.com with “Student/Postdoc Award” on the subject line.
The registration fee for the HAPS Annual Conference will be paid. In addition, a check for $400 will be given during the Annual General Membership Meeting at the HAPS Annual Conference, as partial reimbursement of travel costs to attend the conference.