HAPS maintains one listserv (HAPS-L@hapsweb.org) to provide a members' forum for sharing expertise and experiences to promote excellence in the teaching of human anatomy and physiology. HAPS has a second listserv called Teaching Portfolios. Subscription information for both listservs can be found on the right navigation. Please read the guidelines below before subscribing.
Human Anatomy and Physiology Society (HAPS) Listserv Guidelines
Information in this document is subject to change without notice. The HAPS Listserv facilitates group discussion among its members promoting communication and discussion on an ongoing basis regarding excellence in the teaching and learning of Human Anatomy and Physiology. It can also be utilized to notify participants of training opportunities, educational opportunities, provide links to web sites with relevant content material and post job opportunities. Members receive an e-mail for every message posted.
The HAPS Listserv has archival capabilities. Messages are kept on file in the HAPS Listserv office back to March 2005.
The original text of the message is published in its entirety, without any censorship. However, the HAPS Listserve will be monitored to ensure that the overall content is reasonably consistent with the list serve purpose. The HAPS List-serv reserves the right to deny access of the list serv to anyone who violates these terms and conditions.
The opinions expressed on the list-serve do not reflect the opinions of the HAPS Listserv or the HAPS organization. The HAPS Listserv cannot guarantee that the list serve use will be uninterrupted, error-free, and secure or that the messages are free of viruses or other harmful components. Users must not knowingly post or transmit any information or software which contains harmful components.
HAPS List-serv Etiquette and Unacceptable Conduct
- Courteous, professional behavior is expected. Rude comments are not acceptable.
- If a student is referred to in a post, be sure to keep their identity anonymous.
- Do not forward copyright materials unless you have permission/approval or without authorization from the author. A link to material posted on the Web is appropriate.
- Users must not knowingly post or transmit any information or software which contains harmful components. Do not forward personal e-mail without getting the author’s permission first.
- Unprofessional and/or disparaging remarks to specific individuals.
- Soliciting personal business or selling products.
- Posting spam messages (junk e-mails, myths and urban legends)
- Attachments are generally inappropriate and may affect whether an e-mail can or will be opened. If an attachment can be downloaded from the web,use a link.
The posting(s) of a person on this forum in no way implies any form of endorsement by HAPS of the facts, statements, or opinions expressed therein.
Participation in the list-serve is offered to you on your acceptance of the terms, conditions and notices contained above. Violation of these rules may result in revoked list-serv privileges. By participation in the list-serv, I agree to indemnify and hold the HAPS List-serv harmless from and against any damages arising out of or resulting from online conduct in the HAPS Listserv.