- About HAPS
- GRADUATE LEVEL COURSES
|Sponsored Workshops and Posters|
If you the presenter and/or any of your co-presenters are affiliated in any capacity with a for-profit entity or your workshop or poster has a premise that either directly or indirectly promotes the interests of a for-profit entity then your session is considered a sponsored session. All sponsored workshops and posters, and all workshops or posters by outside organizations, require payment of a session sponsorship fee.
A for-profit entity is defined broadly by HAPS to include any material or product that requires purchase for full, unfettered adoption. This definition also includes products that are currently free, but are intended to be sold in the future and products that are offered as a free version with limitations. If you have any questions, we are always available to help - just contact the business office.
Whether you are an A&P instructor or a properly registered exhibitor, the policy is applied equally. All sponsored workshops and posters are marked as "sponsored" in all conference materials. More detail about this policy is below - also see the HAPS Presenter and Author Policy linked above.
Examples of workshop and posters that might be sponsored:
1) I am a HAPS member working on a new computer simulation that I hope to sell later. I haven’t made any money yet. I will give away free copies of my software to everyone at the Annual Conference and let HAPS give it away to members for a year.
2) I am a representative of a non-profit that sells curriculum and want to give a talk about this curriculum.
3) I am a HAPS member and I totally changed everything about how I teach by using Product X. Product X is fantastic and everyone should be using it. I earn nothing from them - in fact I bought my copy using my own money because Product X is just so wonderful. I am just so impressed and want to share.
4) I am a HAPS member and a marquis author for Publisher X. My book has sold millions. I want to give a workshop about this really cool thing I learned about muscles and nerves while I was researching my book. I think that there are lots of misconceptions about this topic and I would like to help clear things up. This is clearly stated in my book, so wondering if my workshop is sponsored or not.
5) I am a HAPS member and an expert on pacemakers. I would like to give a talk explaining the reason that the new technology being used by Pacemaker X is cutting edge and fantastic. Other brands are miles behind. I don't earn anything from Pacemaker X and don't even do surgery - I have a Ph.D. not an M.D.