"Welcome to New Orleans – Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler!"
The HAPS 22nd Annual Conference was held in New Orleans, Louisiana on May 24 - 29, 2008.
Judith Venuti was the 2008 Annual Conference Coordinator.
Check out the 2008 Conference Program
Seminar, Posters, and Exhibits were held at the Westin New Orleans Canal Place. Update seminars included:
- "Genomic Medicine: The Future of Addiction Medicine" - Charles O'Brien
- "Getting High: Physiological Changes at high Altitude" - John Hunt
- "Painful Peripheral Neuropathy Induced by Cancer Chemotherapy - Preventable with a Better Understanding of Anatomy and Physiology" - Kimberly Topp
- "Biodefense: How Ricin Toxin kills and How Antibodies Protect" - Seth Pincus
- "Stem/Progenitor Cells from bone Marrow and Their Amazing Potential to Repair Most Tissues" - Darwin Prockop
- "The Mechanics of Breathing" - Michael Levitzky
Workshops were held at the Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center,
in Downtown New Orleans.
View the Photo Gallery